Sunday 29 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 91) - UNMARKED YELLOW BOX

SLIDES 0610-0613

I'm guessing these are more "Isle of Man" pictures, presumably taken at the quayside in Douglas.

I must admit that I do this if I see a moored battleship, too... photograph the blue blazes out of it, which is of course a relative term when you've got a relatively unlimited amount of SD card storage space available, as opposed to four frames out of the thirty-six on a roll of very expensive 35mm colour slide film which you'll also have to fork out more money for to get processed, only to then have your entire extended family sit in the dark asking you why you took so many pictures of a flippin' dreary old boat.

Anyway, this is some kind of battleship/minesweeper/cruiser/gunboat/corvette thingy from the late 1960s.

Helpful, aren't I...?

I can't even make out the number to tell you any more than that, although the minesweeper M1102 was HMS Snipe and doesn't look too dissimilar, even though she would have been with the Australian Navy when these shots were taken.

It's very grey, though, and is flying a union Jack, so it's almost certainly some kind of Naval something...

Aw... frigate...!







1 comment:

  1. I think those flags spell out: 'The Navy Lark'.

    ReplyDelete