Sunday 22 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 84) - UNMARKED YELLOW BOX

SLIDES 0587-0591

Flowers in the garden
Flowers in the park
But the flowers I like most of all
Are the flowers in the dark...

Grandmother liked daffodils.

So did Mum, especially at Easter.

It seemed that they quite liked blossom, too,...

And tulips...

And I believe that that's the Hawthorn hedge at the side of "The Hawthorns" in the fourth picture that they named the house after - although I might be completely wrong about that.

My Dad had absolutely moments of "fun" for several summers trimming that ruddy thing back, I seem to recall...








2 comments:

  1. Those tulip are not so much growing as standing to attention. How do you do that I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 23, 2016

    Yup! Totally right about that hedge, and Dads attacking of it!

    S x

    ReplyDelete