Tuesday 24 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 86) - UNMARKED YELLOW BOX

SLIDES 0593-0596

Other people will recognise this sort of thing far more than I ever could, but I'm going to guess that this set of pictures are most probably from a Flower Festival that may just have taken place in somewhere like Spalding, some time towards the back end of the 1960s.

These kinds of thing go on rather a lot, apparently, and my Beloved informs me that her own father has several dozen photographs of a rather similar nature taken during his own visits to such things.

It would of course have been a massive, and no doubt mildly disturbing, coincidence had he turned up looking all youthful in the background of one of these pictures, but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't.

The cynical part of me could declare a big old "Ho-hum" to the whole idea of attending something as truly unhip as a Flower Festival, if it wasn't for the fact that for several years on the trot, starting about a decade ago (although not recently), I went to the Tatton Park Flower Show and photographed the living daylights out of that.

Nevertheless, I do rather like the racing car... I like to think that he took that picture because he thought "Martin will like that" but I doubt it.

I think that he just liked engineering-related stuff, to be honest...






1 comment:

  1. British bulb growing at its best. Lincolnshire and Holland have much in common.

    ReplyDelete