Monday 16 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 78) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDES 0574-0577

Ah yes, we're approaching the end of the slides stored in that "Mysterious Blue (or was it really grey?) Box" now, with a final cluster of pictures seemingly taken on the banks of a Swiss lake, possibly in and around the hotel in which my Grandparents were staying, and quite possibly just before they headed home towards the perpetual greyness of post-war Britain.

I think that the last pair show my Grandmother's friend, the woman in the blue dress, demonstrating how to use the finest in precision Swiss bench design situated in various parts of the neighbourhood, but I can't be certain.

As ever, I'm more impressed by the various old cars that can be spotted sitting on streets and car parks like they are the most ordinary things in the world which, of course, they once were, even though nowadays, such a group of classic vehicles would almost certainly draw a crowd.





1 comment: