Tuesday 17 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 79) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDE 0578

The first time around, and despite the vast number five that features in this rather lovely picture, I actually scanned this picture the wrong way around and consequently had to find devious means to mirror it and make it "correct" as certain software programmes seem to fall short when it comes to simple things like reflection tools.

Funnily enough, when I was just holding up the slide to the light, the mirror image seemed to make far more sense even though I have to admit that this way around it does, after all, make a far nicer composition.

Anyway, late-1950s European street scene, most probably (I thought) taken in Brussels, until I spotted that great big Swiss flag in the background...

Still, wherever it was taken, I bloody love it...!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, a far simpler time it would appear. People even look Swiss.

    ReplyDelete