Sunday 15 May 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 77) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDES 0558-0573

Various pictures taken on and around a lake in Switzerland, during the latter half of the 1950s.

Probably.

There's really very little more that I can add to that statement, other than the boats in the second picture look not unlike the ones I saw on a lake during my own short trip to Switzerland in 1974, and that I like the "Wavy Folk" in picture number six.

Picture number seven either depicts some bizarre holes in the rock face that are might be some sort of military defence installation (but which make me think of Xenon Base in the final series of "Blake's Seven"), or might just be some passing flying blob which produces the effect of holes in the rock face.

I think picture nine is my favourite of these, to be honest. The street scene with the "Confiserie Hofmann Tea Room" and passing coach just pleases me in ways I probably couldn't attempt to adequately explain.

















1 comment:

  1. I like 9 too. What an incredibly random shot. I wonder what your grandfather was taking a picture of. I very much like the boats as well, although I've never really understood why people take pictures of boats.

    ReplyDelete