Wednesday 12 October 2016

SCAFFOLDING POLE


SCAFFOLDING POLE

Can’t say I wasn’t told
The letter was quite clear
The scaffolding was going up
At a house that is quite near

If we needed to park
Or turn our cars about
There would be problems getting in
And certainly in getting out

But then I took a look
They’d built the scaffolding tight
Looked like you could just get through
Though it might be a bit of a fight

Next night I got home late
On the road there were no spaces
So I had to think of our back road
When in search of parking places

Heading in was a tight squeeze
Yet we got through quite untouched
Turning round - couldn’t get an angle
My confidence had been too much

The width was fine you realise
But just at wing mirror height
A length of pole it jutted out
Into door metal it began to bite

After lots of argy-bargy
We finally got our car past
But my door got all Titanic’d
Above the waterline - but vast

The scrape it looks quite nasty
Some bare metal’s now exposed
There quite a dint I’ve noticed
Adding to my list of woes

Can’t say I wasn’t told
The letter was quite clear
The scaffolding was going up
At that house that is quite near


Martin A W Holmes, Oct 12 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment