Tuesday 11 October 2016

ANOTHER BLOODY ROAD RAGER

ANOTHER BLOODY ROAD RAGER

It might be shallow
But it’s another blind curve
You have to pull out
If you’ve got the nerve
Because of all the other cars
Parked alongside the kerb

I’m already passing them by
On the industrial estate
Something brought us together
Another cruel twist of fate
And whilst we never touched
I could never become your mate

You’re screaming along the road
Not caring about the space
Heading right towards me
At one hell of a cracking pace
When at last you saw me
Then pulled that angry face

But instead of slowing down
Furious gestures came my way
Plummeting my spirits further
Ruining this already crappy day
And I know it wasn’t my fault
Whatever you might like to say

Checking in my mirrors
You vanish to a black dot
Claiming that I’m an idiot
Or worse more likely than not
In that enormous four by four
May all your pistons rot


Martin A W Holmes, October 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment