Sunday 23 October 2016

GENUINE QUESTION

GENUINE QUESTION

I have got a genuine question -
When it comes to posting my poems here
I say “poems” but whatever doggerel
You may choose to think that they are

I wonder if you are more likely
To read hard printouts (I’ve posted a few)
When they pop up in your social timeline
Or would you click a link somewhere new?

Is it easier, I wonder, for followers
To read these pages when they are right there?
Instead of awkwardly adding more barriers
Of excuses for you to choose not to share

The thing that has been worrying me
Is I wouldn’t want to keep on cluttering
All the good things you do choose to see
With words bizarre, inept, or distracting

I’m asking so as not to bother you
If you are now becoming quite sick
Of reading this deluge of nonsense
That maybe proves I’m a lunatic

I suppose I must consider the prospect
That you’d rather not see them any more
If so I’ll crawl on back under my little rock
Maybe trying harder not to be such a bore


Martin A W Holmes, October 2016



1 comment:

  1. I would say post them direct - I am always more than happy to read them!

    S x

    ReplyDelete