Monday 10 October 2016

BLEAK

BLEAK
(International Mental Health Day 2016)

Feeling bleak
As I start the week
Kind of blue
Is what I do

So dismal
Guess it’s hard to tell
How woeful
This mood’s dark pull

Feeling sad
It has got quite bad
I’m so down
Behind this frown

The black hound
Comes sniffing around
Sombre looks
’Cos anguish sucks

Feeling low
You just ought to know
Desolate
At so much hate

Thoughts wretched
Rattle through my head
Guess you see
Anxiety

Feeling black
Jolly thoughts I lack
All screwed up
Half empty cup

Sullen funk
Means my spirit’s sunk
Can’t you guess
I’m such a mess

Feeling grim
Like the light’s so dim
All gloomy
So hard to see

Crestfallen
All over again
Dejected
Joy rejected

Feel forlorn
Like my mind’s been torn
So downcast
This chasm’s vast

Mournful mood
I’m not being rude
Feeling bleak
Call back next week


Martin A W Holmes, Oct 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment