Thursday 21 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 53) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDES 0461-0467

Spiez, Switzerland, 1957

There's nothing particularly remarkable or unusual about this small set of pictures to comment upon really, other than the sinister, dark-hatted figure observing as my Grandfather adjusts his glasses somewhere near to a continental cafeteria, and my Grandmother brandishing an ice-cream cone whilst wearing her remarkable holiday hat. 

A hat, incidentally, that we see in much better detail in the final picture, and one which fails to be blown away as she stands at the waterside.

I've suddenly recognised that black, white-spotted bag, too, which has made my memory leap back to my youth.

Other than that, this is most probably Lake Lucerne, although you may know better.










1 comment:

  1. A rendezvous to exchange those photographs of that military installation for Swiss francs maybe?

    ReplyDelete