Saturday 23 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 55) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX


SLIDES 0471-0478 & 0480

My triangular sister...

Okay, as far as I am aware, and despite some evidence to the contrary, my sister was never actually triangular.

I believe "Mister Rush", one of the Mister Men was triangular, but I'm fairly certain that we aren't in any way related.

Not with him being a work of fiction and all.

Anyway, this set of pictures show my big sister mostly, I think, taken during a visit to my Grandparents house, probably in much the same 1957 that many of those pictures of Switzerland were taken during.

This is the large detached house with the frankly massive gardens, "The Hawthorns" which he built in the 1950s and which I have mentioned in other blog postings some way in the past.

Some of the indoor chairs and outdoor benches look terribly familiar to me, and in these pictures we do get our one and only glimpse of what I can only assume is the car before the much lauded Rover(s).

Of course the change in outfits might suggest that these are separate visits or, perhaps, this was a longer stay given that, as I think will become apparent in a few pictures' time, my parents were living in an entirely different part of the country at this point in their lives.

Indeed, but for the fickle finger of fate, I might very well have been born in the (gasp!) South, - well, in the Midlands at least...

Which kind of counts.








3 comments:

  1. Ah, those childhood best behavior days of visiting grandparents, so horrifically dull and I never lived up to anybody's expectation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do any of us ever, really...?

      Delete
    2. Probably not and hence we never live up to our own.

      Delete