Tuesday 12 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 44) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDE 0434

We have finally completed the second of the wooden boxes of slides and now we move on to the mysterious blue box with drawers, one of which is marked "SPIEZ, SEPT 1957" which, as we are now all aware of I'm sure, is as much labelling as we are likely to get.

The contents of these four drawers are all, once again, as per that first wooden box, glass mounted slides which does, at least, mean that the numbers are reduced. Glass slides consume far more drawer space than cardboard ones in much the same way that a shelf full of DVDs in standard cases can suddenly have oceans of space if all the discs are put into slimline ones.

The contents of these drawers, I seem to remember from the process of scanning them, apart from the early ones which are obviously from the same place, are all fairly random. Either that or I went through the drawers in the incorrect order. Anyway, whichever it was, lord alone knows where we're going to end up over the course of the next few days, but I'm guessing we start off in Spiez, (unless, that is, my Grandparents were actually spies, and this was his fiendishly despicable and clever triple-bluff code for disguising that...)

It all looks pretty enough in that brightly-coloured early Kodachrome way I suspect these earlier 1950s photographs have, probably taken with a brand new shiny, and fairly top-of-its-range camera.


2 comments:

  1. Sunshine. I have high expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine. I have high expectations.

    ReplyDelete