Tuesday 19 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 51) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDES 0452-0459

Spiez, Switzerland, 1957, possibly...

I don't have a clue who the people in the first group are, although I do remember occasional mentions of a friend in Switzerland called "Adolph" being mentioned from time-to-time when I was growing up. 

Not, in later years, a name that was particularly popular for the naming of children in that part of the world I imagine.

Those kids would be around retirement age by now, I would guess.

There's a pretty nice train in picture two, but this is generally another cluster of pictures of landscapes, cafes, and shopping sprees, much like many other people would take on their jolly holidays, although, as with other pictures that have turned up, the ones taken in cafes seem to prove the most interesting to me for some unfathomable reason.









2 comments:

  1. https://twitter.com/patstone55/status/721232082740080640

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straw hats and shopping at the local market. I like the old leaning gentleman.

    ReplyDelete