Sunday 10 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 42) - WOODEN BOX 2 (PHOTOBLOG)

SLIDES 0424-0427

My sister, my Grandparents, a garden chair, and a rather colourful sun umbrella.

Yep.

Probably nothing much more to add about this set of pictures other than they are taken in the vast garden of the first house that my Grandfather built, and my sister looks amazing (and, incidentally, really rather happy) in that stripy red top.

Mind you, if I did want to start exploring the psychological aspects of our lives that these photographs are starting to reveal to me, which I don't, I'm sure this is just the sort of thing that came back to bite all of us in the family (with the possibly exception of my father) in later years by giving us all ridiculously unrealistic expectations from our lot in life.

And on that bombshell...






3 comments:

  1. It's fascinating all of this Martin. You drop hints and leave me hungry for more. Did your sister often stand to attention? By the way that doll's pushchair is eminently collectible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmother ran her garden under strict military protocols... Which is why I always ended up in the glass house.

      Delete
  2. I didn't dare slouch! I sort of look at these photos and think to myself "Is that really me?"

    S x

    ReplyDelete