Monday 18 April 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 50) - MYSTERIOUS BLUE BOX

SLIDE 0451

Grandma enjoying a beer, Spiez 1957.

Not much that I can really add to that description, other than that it's another jolly nice picture and that my Grandmother appears to be holding a smaller drink than the one still on the table in front of her. That said, she does seem, in this and several of the other pictures when you start to look, to have had rather large hands. 

Strong... vice-like... hands...

Odd, really, that, until I saw this picture, I never really had her marked down as a beer drinker.

In fact, I don't remember ever seeing her drink a beer at all.

Perhaps this was the one and only one she ever had...? Or maybe it was the one that finally put her off beer forever...? Certainly I only remember her for her glasses of sherry, even though there were probably glasses of wine, and maybe whisky-and-ginger-ales that are currently tickling the edges of my memory.

Certainly I'm never likely to ever know now.

Cheers, m'dear...!


1 comment: