Monday 7 March 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (8) - WOODEN BOX 2 - SS CANBERRA 1964 (PHOTOBLOG)

Apologies for the pause in service. A few technical difficulties, and the misguided belief that I could find the spare time to bundle two of these things out into the ether every day, suddenly found me without a post for you for a while.

Resuming where we left off, in the dark and dismal depths of "Wooden Box" number two, and aboard the SS Canberra during her August cruise of 1964, a mere cough and a spit away from my own arrival in this veil of tears.

Anyway, (probably) a couple of days out from Southampton, the ship arrives at "The Rock" of Gibraltar before passing into the Mediterranean, and, much as I know I would do myself in similar circumstances, my Grandfather photographed the living hell out of it as a cloud rolled over the peak.

This is of course all relative.

Where he shot off six shots, I would probably have shot sixty, but in the days of 36 frames to a roll slide film, this represents a significant investment in terms of your holiday allocation.







1 comment:

  1. It looks like when they land there might be dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete