Wednesday 16 March 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (17) - WOODEN BOX 2 - SS CANBERRA 1964 (PHOTOBLOG)

SLIDES 0207-0219

Heading homewards, August 1964.

I can really imagine just how disappointed my Grandparents might have been when they first loaded up the slides after they'd been returned to them by Kodak and they discovered just how blurry that one of my Grandmother posing with the sentry was.

Ah... Those pre-digital days when everything was such an unknown.

There is, of course, that "bought" souvenir slide of a uniformed sentry in a very similar pose, but those are never really the same, are they...?

There's more evidence of shopping in this set, too, as well as one of those photographs that get taken of foreign shop fronts, which is the kind of thing that I'm always taking pictures of myself. I often wonder if they are as exotic as they seem to an outsider, or is it just the foreign bland equivalent of WHSmiths or Boots and merely seems exotic because of the typography...?














2 comments:

  1. Where are the pics of a dish of moussaka and a glass of wine with the sea behind it? Ah, they didn't do that back then did they?

    ReplyDelete