Friday 25 March 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (26) - WOODEN BOX 2 - SS CANBERRA 1965 (PHOTOBLOG)

SLIDES 0287-0295

Grandma goes shopping - again...

Really, what else is there to add, other than I remember a camel-shaped stool very vividly in their house from when I was a kid, but it didn't much look like the one being negotiated over here, and I don't think that my sister (then ten) or myself (at that time celebrating my first year of disappointing everyone I ever met) ever got one of those very tall camel toys either, so I guess that was another "no sale..."

Meanwhile, I can't help but notice that my Grandparents always seem very comfortable with other people's children throughout his photograph collection which seems... somewhat strange...












1 comment:

  1. But Martin, it seems they have been 'suckered' by a sweet street urchin and his over smiley owner. He'll be beaten when he gets home for not getting the Eeegleesh to spend more. Back in blighty it isn't acceptable to smile at children, beat them yes, but goodness, never ever show them any interest. They should be seen and not heard and preferably not seen.

    ReplyDelete