Monday 14 November 2011

SEEN IT ALL BEFORE

Postcards from beyond the brink #3

Dear All,
Id just like to take a moment to tell you about the rather fabulous cinema that is in Ambleside called “Zefferellis” which is also a vegetarian Italian restaurant and jazz bar. Genuinely good food and rather tastefully furnished cinemas with a rather traditional feel but with all the modern trappings. I, rather naturally, declined the opportunity to see “Tintin” in 3D because I have a genuine resistance to wearing those glasses that used to trigger all those migraines years ago.
Meanwhile, the cinemas are currently running a trailer for “Tower Heist” which really did make me realise that I’m getting to the age where there really are no new movie ideas, just rejigged (and possibly pale) imitations of previous ones.
These towers are in Boston. I couldn’t find any pictures of any skyscrapers in the Lake District...
Thankfully.
TTFN
M.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems to make one of you... ;-) M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being incapable of love, I like them very much too. What happens when you run out of pictures?

    ReplyDelete