Monday 21 November 2011

ON THE DEATH OF A NOTION

Postcards from beyond the brink #10

To Whom it may concern,
In the end, I suppose, it was the indifference that was most likely to kill it off. Oh, I might dress it up with a load of high-falutin’ notions of this, that or the other, perhaps suggesting that it was a lack of time, or a lack of ideas, or a lack of skill that pulled the communication cord that at least stopped us from careering headlong into some sort of disaster, but that’s really just an excuse I made to myself as I paid the fine.
Somehow, however, somewhere along the line, I got sidetracked, shunted off into a siding, hit the buffers and somehow found myself not working on the great fictional masterwork, not creating a theatrical classic, but instead churning out daily nonsense to nobody in particular, and yet another potentially less-than-great literary career stalled and found itself rusting and rotting away in a quiet corner of the goods yard of eternity, waiting for the train that never comes.
TTFN
M.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I think I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think...? If you do, feel free to explain it to me sometime... M.

    ReplyDelete