Sunday 20 November 2011

PUT ON A HAPPY FACE

Postcards from beyond the brink #9

Dear Nobody In Particular,
Sometimes, it’s really not easy being me and I’m not really sure if anyone could ever grasp how mind-snappingly difficult I find the simple process of just facing up to that, and so, with this being something in the nature of a confessional, I have to admit to having a dark side (as you always suspected, young Skywalker…). Perhaps it should really be described as being an EVEN darker side because, as we have discovered on our journey over these past few months there are no shades of grey, and  there is no lightness. There are merely those various tones of darkness to navigate our way through. Sad though I am to admit it, I have a huge, HUGE character flaw (one of many it would appear) in that I struggle, I truly do, to find any joy in other people’s happiness, success or achievement. There, I’ve said it. It’s not something that I particularly like about myself, but it is there and I have to admit to it, whether I like it or not, but it certainly explains a heck of a lot.
TTFN
M.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over that Martin. Other people's happiness is just that - other people's. So concentrate on your own.

    ReplyDelete