Sunday 13 November 2011

GOODBYE SALT... HELLO...OMG!!

Postcards from beyond the brink #2



Dear All,

“Ooh, they look tasty!” you think as you spot the new brand of crisps in the supermarket, “Jacket potato and creamy butter! I’d like to try those!” Then you spot the multipack containing all the flavours and decide to buy that instead. You get home and, having eagerly anticipated this tasty new treat, you open up a bag and, to be fair, the first one you bite into really does taste just like it was supposed to. But then the aftertaste hits you and the rest of the experience goes downhill fast and for the rest of the day you’ve also got this slightly buttery essence on your hands. A couple of days later, you take the other flavours to work because you’re convinced that they couldn’t possibly taste as bad, but they do and, in fact, they might even be worse. So much so that you can’t even give the things away after you’ve offered them around.
Not so much M.S.G. as O.M.G.
TTFN
M.





2 comments:

  1. I too, tried these, and you are quite correct. They taste foul, and I certainly will not be trying them again! You could have sprinkled a little salt on them, I suppose, but that sort of defeats the object!!
    My personal favourite? Still good old Salt 'n Shake. That way I can choose how much of it I put on my crisps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try them so that I can find out for myself.

    ReplyDelete