Saturday 19 November 2011

MOON OVER BLOGFORDSHIRE

Postcards from beyond the brink #8

Dear Anybody,
When I was younger, whenever I felt lonely (which happened quite a lot) I used to go outside and sit and look up at the moon to remind myself that that very same moon was also shining in the skies over the heads of those who I was missing and cared about. Somehow, in my mind, that brought us all closer together in my mind  a way that I have failed to manage to maintain in what we call “real” life. Now that the years have slipped away and all of those friendships have died away through my own self-absorption, indifference or sense of disappointment (delete as applicable), the moon still remains, still hanging there and watching over me, my last and most loyal true friend in a cold, bitter and uncaring universe.
TTFN
M.

2 comments:

  1. The moon is a cold place Martin. Come back to Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try, you know, but sometimes the journey seems more Apollo 13 than Apollo 8, if you get my drift...? M.

    ReplyDelete