Thursday 8 October 2015

EXPERIMENTAL SONNETS (3)

As part of my current desire to dabble in poetic forms, I thought I'd experiment with the structure of the sonnets and see what emerged (if I've understood the structures correctly). The results are a mish-mash of ideas (and maybe even a bit of a mess) built around the theme of fire and probably need a lot of work, but they're kind of interesting explorations of an embarrassing, self-indulgent something or other that remains undefined and which would probably embarrass the average angst-filled adolescent, and ought not to be taken too seriously.

Still, as I said in an earlier posting, it IS National Poetry Day, and these have been lurking in my Drafts folder for a while now, so...

(3) Fires of desire

I believed the thought would just make you laugh
Or cry at these thoughts from this tragic fool
Inside my mind I hold your photograph
A picture which I cherish like a jewel
You appear before me in your tight jeans
Your shirt wrapped taut around your lovely form
Thoughts spin around; who knows what it all means?
This yearning to get you naked and alone
I want to thrust my hand between your thighs
And touch and rub until your fluids burst
Pass beyond the moans and your blissful sighs
To cries of desire in which I am cursed
But these must always be forbidden thoughts
To be locked in my vault and come to naught

No comments:

Post a Comment