Sunday 30 November 2014

HOLIDAY, NOVEMBER 2014 (23) - RODS ON THE WHARF (PHOTOBLOG)














NOVEMBER 09 (Cont'd)

Sometimes the general reverence for the motor car is somewhat misplaced, I feel. But when the whole street is filled with shiny and beautifully preserved examples like this, i think you can at least begin to appreciate why people find them so very fascinating.

After a while of people getting "In My Way" I started focussing on the extreme close-ups, and how the various pieces of several cars broke into the frame of my viewfinder, and, after that, I found that I was having a lot more fun.

I think I was trying for an "abstract", "people-free" set of pictures, which is no mean feat in a crowded place like Monterey was on the morning I took these, and I rather like them. I was thinking of making them all black and white and upping the contrast - and I may still do that - but something about those shiny metallic colours appeals to me far, far too much to do that.

Finally, here's a sight that immediately reminded me of a former colleague of mine as I stood in the sunshine, and which I hope will make him smile... one of those "half-timbered cars" as my Beloved still refers to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment