Tuesday 25 November 2014

HOLIDAY, NOVEMBER 2014 (13) - POINT ARENA


NOVEMBER 05 (Cont’d)

Sometimes I get a bit obsessed with an idea, and, even though the idea might be interesting, my execution of it can be something of a let down.

Such it was when, whilst enjoying the spectacular scenery around Point Arena lighthouse, I noticed a row of those roadside poles carrying the electricity or telephone wires out towards the lighthouse itself and thought that they might make the sort of interesting image that fills the pages of all those photography books of mundane yet – in the right hands - photogenic roadside things that I find so very collectable.

So I set off towards the road trying to frame several of them nicely in my viewfinder and got a couple of okay – if not very interesting really – pictures, and was about to give up after admonishing myself about how ridiculous I was being thinking that I could take any photograph worthy of comparison with those old books of mine when the Ravens, or Rooks, or Crows, or whatever they were, arrived.

So, okay, none of my pictures are ever likely to adorn a book jacket or anything like what the voices in my head might have been saying as I was taking the dullest set of pictures in the history of photography (the mud flats of South Wales set I once took as an Art Student notwithstanding…)but I did manage to get a reasonably framed picture of a telephone pole, and a very nice picture of a Raven… or Rook… or Crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment