Sunday 16 November 2014

STILL CONNECT-ED

So, not all that many people were all that interested in joining in with playing my reindeer games whilst I was away, eh...?

I don't know, you do your best to keep people amused whilst you're out of town, and this is all the thanks that you get.

I guess that I won't be doing that again… Next time I disappear off into the wide blue yonder, I'll leave you with a void to avoid, which will, of course, increase the thrill and anticipation about my return no end, I'm sure...

Still, it's interesting to discover that very few people in my particular circle appear to enjoy "Only Connect" quite as much as I do.

Ah, well, it is what it is... and, anyway, I know that you're all going to suffer as a result, because I now have literally thousands of new photographs to sort through, so many in fact, that I'm likely to be boring you to tears with them for months, and certainly until well after it's probably tactful to burble on about your holidays.

Actually, having survived the trip (not that anyone very much seems to give a flying…), and survived the jet-lag (almost), I discover that I took enough snapshots that, if I were to share them with you on a "one a day" basis, would keep us all, well, not exactly "amused" exactly, for about ten years.

This, of course, even I admit might just seem to be just a little over-indulgent in the "talking about my holidays" stakes, but I might end up prattling on about it for far longer than seems absolutely necessary, given that there's little enough else going on.

After all, I was away for Bonfire Night, and missed out on Remembrance Day, which means that we're skydiving towards Christmas with a much-depleted bank balance and without me having barely an inkling of preparation in mind.

Still, now that those long, cold, dark winter nights are now upon us, so what else am I going to do other than prattle on about my couple of weeks in the sun, rain and fog...?

Be prepared…!

And with that in mind, let's remind ourselves that a journey of 11,000 miles (or so) starts with the first click…


No comments:

Post a Comment