Thursday 28 February 2013

EXPERIMENT

Here's a thing...
This is an experiment  because I  haven't tried writing on this before. Anyway, I've
been meaning to try this for a while - ting the blog  an rexternal device - just
to see how asy t is... and it's not and to see how I ight do f  i was out and
about
precise key strokes seem to be the  key to it and switching off the nternal he
lp
anyway back to a real keyboard I think
What I was trying to say was this:

This is an experiment, because I  haven't tried writing anything of any substance or quantity on this particular device before. Anyway, I've been meaning to try this for a while - writing the blog on an "external device" - just to see how easy it is - and it's not!!! - and to see how I might cope with writing updates to these blog postings if I was out and about and away from a "proper" keyboard for any considerable length of time.

Using precise key strokes seems to be the  key to it and switching off any and all of the internal "help" that the device itself offers when it comes to writing... All of that predictive text nonsense, and the "auto-correction" facilities hat somehow seem to either leap to electronic conclusions, or delete the letters you've already typed, like an impatient teacher with a child they've already decided is utterly useless...

Anyway, until I learn how to do it all a bit better, I think that I'll go back to the real keyboard (the "normal" one with all the symbols on it, and which doesn't require "alt" keys, and holding down "shift" keys and the kind of manual dexterity and slenderness of digits that might give the average ant pause for thought and make it think that it might need to lose a few grammes), at least for a little while.

However, I'm sure that, with a little practice and a bit of patience, as well as experimenting with some  keyboard technique, maybe things will improve. After all, practice, as they say does make perfect, or at least as close as I'm ever likely to get...

Still, it might be useful for making notes and getting the gist of an idea down before it flitters away into the vault of forgotten notions. After all, it doesn't take a genius to work out what it was I was driving at in those opening paragraphs, but sometimes an ingenious idea can slip away from you and lie tantalisingly just beyond your grasp for the rest of time.

Or maybe I should just carry a notebook and pen around with me instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment