Friday 8 February 2013

RE-PUN-DANCY

I know that I shouldn’t keep playing these wretched word games, even though they do occasionally serve me very well by jump-starting the brain of a morning, but the other evening, my beloved was late getting home and I had a spare half an hour or so to fill after I’d got home, so I joined in with a quick round of “Repundancy” (Tweets starting with variations on “I lost my job as a… because I...”) and these are the ones I came up with, which I hope you’ll enjoy…

#Repundancy - I lost mine at the playground, but I suppose it's all swings and roundabouts.

#Repundancy - ...and then there was that time as a anaesthetist, but what goes around comes around... 

#Repundancy - I always wanted to be a flour sifter but - never made the grade. 

#Repundancy - I couldn't even get a job as a cleaner until I could put my own house in order. 

#Repundancy - I had a particularly bad spell when I lost that proof-reading job. 

#Repundancy - I used to do publicity for Pixie and Dixie, but I guess I must have Jinxed them. 

#Repundancy - I used to make weapons for Warrior Monks, but they were always overstaffed. 

#Repundancy - My problems with proctology started because I didn't want to look up an old friend.

#Repundancy - My friend got booted off the rifle range for shooting his mouth off once too often... 

#Repundancy - I always wanted to work in serious drama, but my career took a funny turn... 

#Repundancy - I couldn't even manage a career in forensics, but that time my fingerprints were all over it.

#Repundancy - ...and as for being a lookout on the Titanic, well I never saw that coming... 

#Repundancy - I even failed as a Guide Dog Trainer, but I put that down to my own blind stupidity.

#Repundancy - I used to work in home insulation until I was drafted...



No comments:

Post a Comment