Thursday 21 February 2013

A MAN OF FEW WORDS TODAY

I’m sorry but I don’t have any words for you today, well, apart from these ones, of course. The ideas cupboard is completely bare. Well, that’s not strictly true, either. The ideas are there but the execution is sadly lacking…

When I sat down this morning to not write this piece, it was actually going to be called “No words today” but that would, of course, have been a complete lie and, whilst my relationship with the internet is an odd one to say the very least, outright lying to it was never my plan, and I’m not going to start doing it now.

I never was much good at lying anyway, even when I was ordered to…

But anyway, the point is that some words is not the same thing as no words, and whilst I doubted that any significant words would come today (fatigue, distraction, lack of inspiration, blah, blah, blah…), I am at least self-aware enough to know that the words that make up the explanation amount to more than none…

Still, let’s just sit here and think for a moment…

Nope…

Nothing’s coming today, so perhaps I ought to just stagger back to bed and hide underneath the duvet and give some thought to what I might like to tell you about if there was anything in my mind which I felt was worthy of sharing…

There were some numeric coincidences which pleased me last weekend as I posted Tweet number 4444 on the very same weekend as my bill at the supermarket came to exactly £33.33 which I found interesting (what are the chances of that…?) but they are hardly likely to open up any earth-shattering insights into the human condition.

Not, of course, that anything else that I’ve ever written ever does that either…

Hmm…

This does still appear to be some words, then…

Just not all that many…

333 to be exact, according to my word count software.

Now what are the chances of that…?

1 comment:

  1. A few words are better than too many or none even maybe...

    ReplyDelete