Friday 3 June 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 96) - LITTLE WHITE BOX 01

SLIDES 0621-0626

"Christmas 1974, etc"

Now this definitely does have the look of Christmas Day about it, not least because we're all round at the Grandparent's (second) house, and at least three of them are the traditional Christmas table photographs; The table set (with surprise budgie cage - so that must have been the year where my sister's "insider knowledge" paid off), sitting around the table minus Grandad, and sitting around the table minus Grandma.

Obviously the delay timer never gave suitably acceptable photographic results although, perhaps following years of training and/or complaints, my Grandmother's shot is actually far better framed than my Grandfather's one.

Maybe it was down to the drink?

In this set, alongside a rare sighting of a plated meal being handed out, and another - less enthusiastic - sighting of Wilberforce and the racoon, we also get to see my Grandmother and my sister examining that year's beast as it emerges from the oven- my mother was never an enthusiastic cook - in readiness for the annual rituals of the tasting of the bird and the preparation of the gravy or GGG*.







*Grannie's Gorgeous Gravy - it was a "thing..."

1 comment:

  1. The tinsel Christmas Tree would be a collector's item now. So very retro seventies. I wonder why they went out of vogue?

    ReplyDelete