Thursday 9 June 2016

GRANDAD'S SLIDES (PART 102) - ANOTHER NEW YELLOW BOX

SLIDES 0641-0642

And so, after the vexations of yesterday, our journey through the side collection returns us to some of the more pleasanter aspects of life in jolly old England, a nice view of some nice floweers in a nice park.

I don't know where this is for sure, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it may be Woodbank Park in Stockport for no other very good reason than I'm getting a slight flashback to strolling around there with the family a couple of years ago when they came to visit and I was struggling to think of anything to suggest that we do.

It certainly looks a little like that place, and the building is ringing a few bells in my memory cave, but it's hard to be sure when it's somewhere I rarely visit, and haven't spent any significant chunks of time in.

Anyway, it is near to where the crash site was, so maybe my Grandfather went for a ramble and these pictures helped him to justify taking a stroll across to where the plane came down, seeing as they were in the area anyway...?




1 comment:

  1. Back in the day when municipal parks still had gardeners resembling Norman Wisdom and not orange suited louts doing their community service by planting weeds masquerading as meadow flowers.

    ReplyDelete