Wednesday 23 May 2018

LOST IN THE ARCHIVES


LOST IN THE ARCHIVES

I’m casting my eye
Along the shelves
Wondering
Is it obscure enough
Is it kitsch enough
Is my telly taste
Too mainstream
Too familiar
To be able to find
Something new to say

What don’t I espy
On restocked shelves
Remembering
Was I wrong to do it
Was it a mistake
To take so many
Old VHS tapes
Old recordings
Off to the landfill
Instead of hoarding

A vast collection
Extensively
Obsessing
So many shiny discs
So many books
An extensive library
So many to watch
So much to read
Sometimes I start doubting
There’s enough years left

Once I used to try
Comprehensive
Collecting
Hoping perhaps one day
Hoping some one may
Have enough interest
To allow me
To burble on
And on endlessly
About old TV

MAWH, May 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment