Sunday 28 June 2015

WATCHING TELLY

It was another Saturday yesterday and, like several of them, at least some of the day was spent catching up with the highlights of the week's TV that we'd recorded to watch at a more conducive time.

Most telly just washes over me these days, and I'm rarely drawn to what other people see as "Trendy Telly" any more, not least because I really don't want to commit myself into yet another number of endless hours watching yet another flippin' series simply because that's what everyone else is doing.

Most of them I find too annoying anyway, or too depressing, or they just don't interest me because I feel that I may have reached the sort of age where you either feel as if you've seen it all before, and most of its childish inanity isn't really aimed at someone like me anyway.

Still, occasionally a moment in front of the old Gogglebox can surprise me, as when I found myself really inpressed by a small moment in a flashback interview scene in the TV series "Person of Interest" which we've been following on Channel 5 (if you want to know where we're up to and how not to spoil the rest of it for us...)

TV lighting doesn't normally catch my eye, but this "skull effect" was really impressive I thought. It's from series three, episode ten, entitled "The Devil's Share" which was directed by Chris Fisher and it was just a rather wonderful idea and very well executed, if you'll pardon the in-joke.

It's even more effective if you squint...

Anyway, it's not often that I feel the need to freeze-frame my recording and share a TV moment with the world at large, and yet it happened again a couple of hours later when we were watching the "Imagine" documentary about the architect Frank Gehry.

I just had to stop, rewind, and grab this frame because it was just such a superbly and beautifully framed shot...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment