Tuesday 5 November 2013

WITH THE ACCENT ON THE LESSER

You may not have noticed this, perhaps because there is a certain beauty in being able to schedule things in advance, but for quite a few days now, I've not really written anything at all in this blog.

I've really been far too exhausted to think... and, when I do think, the things that I'm thinking are either far too miserable to put down in words, or I persuade myself that there's nothing that I could possibly share with you that anyone would want to hear, or which hasn't been said before in better ways, or that I'm quite simply unable to do justice to the words that I'm trying to rearrange.

Whatever it is, the relevance and point of it all seems to be slightly lacking in my brave, new world.

This has, surprisingly, been somewhat liberating, if also just a little bit scary after all this time, to find myself on the brink of having nothing but "dead air" to share, and to be really wondering from where the next thought might come, and indeed if it ever actually will...

Hmmm....

Nope, really can't think of anything.... maybe I should just slip away for a while until inspiration strikes and leave you with some of the dregs from my drafts folder which have never previously been published to mull over for a few days.

There is a distinct possibility that I may very well do this. After all, there are half-written thoughts still lurking there about events so current that most of us have already forgotten about them having happened, so I might go and explore them for a while and surprise you all with their irrelevance...

Meanwhile, I think that perhaps the events of the last few weeks must have finally caught up with me and the whole point of my trivial little entertainments suddenly seems pathetically minor after the seismic shifts which have been, and indeed still are, occurring in this little life of mine. Perhaps I really have taken a step back and found myself wondering just what the point of any of it really is, and so I really believe that I ought to just "fade away" for a while.

Either that, or things might just get a little brief and snappy...

It's hard to tell, but it does seem as if, for the moment at least, the words don't want to come.

Either that, or perhaps I've finally run out of things to say...?

2 comments:

  1. None of us has anything much to say. Doesn't stop us trying to say it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things are tough at the moment. Hoping it gets easier for you soon.

    ReplyDelete