Tuesday 13 August 2013

NEWBOROUGH: "LOST"

They are sometimes very strange those connections that the brain can make.

One of the "moments" I recently had was as I recently arrived at the end of Newborough beach at lunchtime, just about as the tide got as high as it can, and watched various holidaymakers rolling up their trousers or divesting themselves of them altogether in preparation for crossing the narrow strait and continue with their individual expeditions onto Llanddwyn Island.

All of them far hardier souls than we are because, after watching the various solutions to the immediate problem being enacted right in front of us for a while, we turned upon our heels and headed back along the beach to the car park, the ice-cream van and another walk in the woods.

However, as we sat there watching, I could not help but be reminded ever so slightly of the first episode of the TV series "Lost" where all of the survivors of the plane crash dragged themselves onto a Hawaiian beach and started out on their five-year journey into madness.

Or whatever.

To be honest, I gave up on "Lost" somewhere around the start of the second series, after obsessing about a "hatch" for a while only to be disappointed by glitches on the series two DVDs we borrowed making them all but unplayable, so I'm not the best of commentators upon whether this was a typical scene or not.

Nevertheless, "Lost" is what I thought of at that moment, and this snapshot of those hardy ramblers was only taken because that's what it made me think of and I wanted to immortalise the thought in my memory hut...

Time for an explanatory flashback, I presume, to tell my back-story... or is this actually the flashback from yesterday's photoblog...?

Narrative structure, eh...?

What an utter swine it can be... ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a seventies postcard, albeit one from my distant childhood summer holidays somehwere in the West Country...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just needs a "Wish you were here...?" in a bright Chalmers-red scripty font parked in one of the corners, eh...?

      Delete
  2. You've hit the nail on the head there...

    ReplyDelete