Sunday 24 March 2013

POST-IT-NOTE-ART #1*

Number #1 in an occasional series whenever I can’t be bothered writing about anything else...

Sometimes I find that I’ve just happened to doodle a very quick scribble on one of the Post-It-Note* pages that I keep next to me for when the phone rings, or for if I just have an idea for a blog posting that can’t actually wait for the computer to boot up just in case I forget the notion before I can actually get into the Word-Processing software.

On some occasions it takes minutes, but because I’m getting very old, the thought can flitter away into infinity and be lost forever in the meanwhile, so an “old school” handy pen and paper sometimes - but not always - manages to save the day as I try and hold on to my startling idea, phrase or bon mot to share with good people like yourselves at some future, mutually convenient moment.

Anyway, sometimes I get so bored of waiting for the electronic gears to engage that I pick up my little marker pen and find myself scribbling something, and something like this is the result.

Granted, I can never see the “Post-It-Note-Art* idea transforming into some kind of “movement” (The PINArt Movement...?) like Cubism or Impressionism or any other kind of “ism” you might have come across in your travels through the history of art, and, even though I’d like other people to share their own “Post-It-Note*” doodling experiences with me, I suspect that this is another “great notion” which is likely to die on the vine.

However, be that all as it may, here’s a very quick scribble from a few evenings ago which took all of thirty seconds to whistle up.

Enjoy...?


*Other brands of self-adhesive notepads are available.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Though I have to comment, you have pink post-it notes? :0 I was under the impression that someone close to you had a pathological horror of those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I end up having them... :-)

      Delete