Wednesday 25 January 2012

PARAGRAPH: ONE

Not a "photographer"
A prologue and an explanation.

Look, you know how things are. Time is getting increasingly short (of that’s not too much of an oxymoronic concept…), so I’m going to try a little experiment and try to occasionally keep my thoughts down to one paragraph and see if that’s enough to keep me, and, at the same time I suppose, you, dear reader, satisfied. I may, of course, occasionally throw in the odd photograph in some vague attempt to keep things sprightly and possibly more “interesting” but that will largely depend upon whether I want to, how relevant (or irrelevant) it seems, and whether I can be bothered trawling through the back catalogue for something slightly less than usually disappointing. This is because, whilst I do like to take photographs I would in no way describe myself as being “a photographer” but I am also by nature something of a “completist” which tends to mean that none of the pictures I take, no matter how awful they might turn out to be, ever get thrown away, deleted or discarded. After all, any ex-art student will tell you that everything could quite possibly come in “useful” one day, no matter how much of a disappointingly inky blob or blurry snapshot it might at first appear to be. However this does mean that, on occasion, it leaves me with far too many to trawl through, or even remember I’ve actually taken, in order to find something “appropriate” to the topic in hand, or just pleasant enough to look at, so things might seem to get, on occasion, rather random. Equally, I may abandon any attempts at presenting any kind of visual aspect to my musings and devote the odd morning to a single paragraph of my attempts at deathless prose which, taken out of context, may indeed appear ever more nonsensical than they might otherwise have done. Certainly you should not expect to find any kind of ongoing narrative to reward the devoted follower, well, not unless I do make an attempt at creating an ongoing narrative to reward the devoted follower, of course. I did once have a notion that it might be quite rewarding to attempt some kind of  game of “blogging tag” in which I wrote one paragraph and somebody else wrote the next one and then I wrote another one in response to that, but I don’t suppose anyone would really be interested in something like that, and I’m sure that it would somehow be a swine to manage and would bring out various comments from the cyber-woodwork of the “No, you write your own flippin’ blog!” variety. Still, I might try it one day nevertheless.

Meanwhile, this is my first attempt at keeping my “thoughts of the day” down to one paragraph. Let’s see how it turns out…



(Bum…!)

2 comments:

  1. Bloody long paragraph Martin. Nice idea though. Now about this blogging tag...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno... Might be fun...? I'll give it some more thought... M.

      Delete