Thursday 12 January 2012

GUNPOWDER PLOT

When I woke up this morning, my mind was feeling rather more than just a tad befuddled through overtiredness and I resigned myself to not really having much to write about today.

Then, whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil to make the first cup of tea of the day, I found I had a sudden desire to arrange my morning pill selection into the form of a face, which probably tells you much more than you really need to know about my general state of mind and well-being at that time of the morning, and then I had a further whim to take this photograph of it with my handy teffalone, and after that, in an even more radical - and possibly bizarre - move, I decided to share the picture with you this morning…

However…

I was then reminded of a half-formed thought, which I was thinking about a couple of months ago and, whilst it remains incomplete, I thought you might as well get to read it…

I do have to ask myself why my blood pressure “caplets” (no longer, it seems can they merely be called tablets) now seem to have a slight aftertaste of gunpowder when I take them, or rather, that slightly metallic tang that used to be in the air whenever I fired a cap gun as a child.
Oh yes, you see, despite all my liberal leanings, I was still one of those children who ran around the gardens and streets with the “Bang! Pow!” of replicated offensive weapons in our arsenals. Nowadays, of course, one glimpse of that kind of thing and the anti-terrorism units would be down on us like a ton of bricks…
Ian Fleming made reference to his “heart pills” being made up of gunpowder, but surely we’ve moved on from that…?

You can see why I didn’t come up with anything much else to add to that, although I might have dwelt more upon this rather dubious notion of “medication of the population” that seems to crop up in the news every now and again, usually with regards to aspirin, but also with our dear old friend the statin, but I didn’t. Still, it does however give a slight insight into how my mind goes about putting these nonsenses together when it’s working properly, and is probably much better than having me drone on about faces made up of pills resembling the image that I’m told used to be put on certain pills a decade or so ago being mildly ironic.

Or appropriate…

Or a strong graphic symbol

Or something…

1 comment:

  1. You have four to take as well, me to. Bloody pills. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just stopped taking them.Would it really make much difference? Do I care?

    ReplyDelete