Tuesday 27 May 2014

TOO DAMNED...


I’m just too damned tired and too damned miserable to do any blogging at the moment, for so many reasons, not least of which is the fact that the software I try to write this stuff on would rather go for a long walk around the park rather than allow me to type a few words.

Perhaps it’s met me…?

Anyway, it looks as if I went to sleep in an ordinary world, and woke up in an asylum...

What the hell just happened here...? What the hell did we just do…?

I mean, if this is the world that you all want, then I’m done with the whole lot of you and I’m getting the hell away from here. I mean, I’ve often doubted that we have all that much in common, especially when I try to engage with the more simple things, but with this…?

This time you’ve gone too far…!

The simple things I can live with, like when a telephone service pushes concert tickets, and sports events and takeaway pizza to persuade me to join them.

“Hmm…” I think, “I suspect that I'm not your target market...”

This picture was sent to me.
Funny, though...
But when a nation that I’ve always believed to be inherently sensible, fair and reasonable does something like it did last week, I begin to wonder about every one of you.

Prince Charles might have said a few things that a lot of us were thinking about the leader of another country, but perhaps he ought to have been looking closer to home. It’s easy to see the parallels with what happened in the 1930s here. You persuade the young and the jobless that the problems of your nation are somebody else’s fault, you point out to them who you decide the problem is, the particular groups that you’ve taken a dislike to, light the blue touch paper and retire.

The next stage is that, with an army of terrifyingly disaffected thugs behind you, you terrify the rest of the population enough that they’ll do nothing to interfere, and in that way the extremists win and the whole of civilisation goes to hell in a hand cart.

It can’t happen here…?

You bet it can…!

Meanwhile, I’m asked (by my Beloved and just in conversation...) “What would you have as your online dating profile?” and I jokily reply “I’d go Byronesque… Sad, mad, and tedious to know...” and whilst I don’t really mean it at the time, I see what happens a day later and decide that’s probably what the rest of you would believe about me anyway in your brave new world, when you’re rounding up the dissenters and naysayers and deciding that we’re far too much trouble and need to be silenced.

You want simple solutions, you want the problems to go away, but you don’t want to look at the world the way it is and deal with it sensibly, rationally and fairly.

No, you want to make it worse for everyone by believing that it will be better for you, but without putting any effort in to make it work…

Ah... what's the point...?

You’re not listening any more, you just want to believe that everything in the garden’s rosy as we stand here o the brink of madness.

So, instead of me just jabbering on about things nobody cares about, into an idiotic world that no longer seems qualified to listen to reason, here’s a picture I took last week in the days before the world went mad…

See you on the other side...

No comments:

Post a Comment