Tuesday 7 July 2015

EXTREMES

I feel full of zip, vim and vigour
Full of new hope and stimulation, verve and go
It feels like something’s gone right for a change
A sweet moment of positive notes
Someone took an interest
Somebody took time to care
They wanted to know what I had been doing
And it felt just right and quite fair
So I skipped and I danced round my mind for a while
And told myself things would be fine

I feel defeated and deflated
Like an empty balloon caught in a cactus tree
It all feels like it’s gone wrong just the same
As it always does when I get hope
Nobody took any interest
No-one really seemed to care
And the same sick and familiar cycle
Came calling again with despair
And I crashed and I burned as I always seem to
Plunged back into the dark of my mind


Martin A W Holmes, July 2015

3 comments:

  1. Ah the two states of the creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin, I find myself stuck in stanza two currently. Not a great place to be, but better than no place at all maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete