Sunday 16 February 2014

THAT "CGI" THING...

Ah yes, my "comedy moment of the week" from last Monday, when I spotted a building as we arrived for our meeting, made a merry quip, and decided that I really had to take a snapshot of it to share with my (not very much) wider world…

You see, it says "CGI" on the side, so I mused to m'colleague about how "real" he thought it might be.

(Of course, you need to know that "CGI" means "Computer Generated Imagery" for that to make sense, but I really ought not to have to explain that to a tech-savvy lot like you obviously are… Still, future archivists might just wonder, so it's worth having a glossary…)

Anyway, perhaps against my better judgement, it got posted, and, alongside its 22 page views and one "favourite" on TwitPic, this is how it played out in FizzBokLand, which was pretty good, I feel, for a place where things, as you are probably already aware, remain interesting for about five minutes at most until the next thing comes along to distract everyone…


MH: I don't know what, but SOMETHING about this building strikes me as being not quite real…
(4 "likes")
BH: Brilliant - May I borrow this ?
MH: Oh, steal away…
(1 "like")
BH:Cheers!
JG: It's the render….
(1 "like")
MH: We drove past quite quickly so it began to pixellate…
(1 "like") 
JG: Yeah I thought it looked a bit blocky.
(1 "like") 
IM: Gollum on reception maybe?
(1 "like") 
MH:“I’m here to see your sales manager… Could you give him a ring and…”
“A RING?!? Nobodys gets the ring… S’mine!!!! My preciousssssss…”
(1 "like")

(Popular fellow, me… Maybe "BH" had more "fun" with its alleged "brilliance"…?)

Okay, so it's not the highest comedy you'll ever have seen, and the four of only managed to entertain each other for a few moments, but it's all I've got for you this morning, so it will just have to do...



1 comment: