Tuesday 20 September 2011

CHUNNER… CHUNNER… CHUNNER…


Hmmmm…

Nope, I can’t think of anything to write about today…

(Idly tap-tap-taps away pointlessly at keyboard half-heartedly)

P-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-… (That sound you make when you breathe out in exasperation but which makes your lips flap about…). Onomatopoeia, or rather failed onomatopoeia, might just be something I could get my thoughts around if I could kickstart my brain today. Brrrm! BRRRRMMMM!!! Cough! Cough!

Maybe it’s just the Gurgle! Splosh! of a cup of coffee that’s required…

Well, that’s hardly the stuff that dreams are made of, is it…?

Tum-tee-tum…

Endless rain… Patterpatterpatter, Thud! Thud! Thud! No, I refuse to talk about the weather. Again. But, Crikey! It hasn’t half been coming down lately… I met the next-door neighbour as I got back this morning. She was leaving her house as I was arriving at mine. We exchanged pleasantries about the weather but the image forming in my mind was of those little model weather-houses where one person would go outside as the other went inside… Maybe the weather will change because of this…?

(Yawns)

You see… I’m talking about the weather and I really didn’t want to…

Ho hum…

I had so much to say yesterday, of course. Twittering like a mad thing at my exasperation at the mediocrity of the morning news programmes, but today, I’m too tired and none of it seems to bother me enough to get quite so agitated about it…

Not like yesterday. Yesterday it was all “The kids are back at school so the trains are packed and the roads are bedlam…”

Proper old-fashioned Blogfordshire ranting.

Rah! Rah! RAAH!

BBC Breakfast’s on about the cost of childcare again… Always this family-wamily, childy-wildy nonsense… But isn’t having a family a choice that you make and one that comes with a certain expectation of, I dunno, some sort of personal sacrifice…? Ooh! You didn’t like reading that one out did you, missy? Not really on message… “If you can’t afford them, don’t have them…” Nice… There’ll be letters… Oh, there are…

Ha! Corned Beef never really went away for me… Don’t worry, Louise, I’m sure you’ll still be able to get your houmous in Salford if you want it… Can I be bothered with writing about Corned Beef? Probably not… although it was a staple of my youth and still registers as comfort food I remember some colleagues of mine used to mock its existence incessantly…

But you don’t want to read about that, even less than I want to write about it…

Interlude… Perhaps that’s the solution, a good, old-fashioned interlude…

Elevator music… Potter’s wheel…

Unless, of course, that this is an interlude… Ah, well, perhaps… Certainly preferable to an intervention…

Although, then again, if people were interested enough in me to actually decide to execute an intervention, maybe I’d feel better because they had…

“Health care professionals are more aware of a healthy lifestyle…?” Have you ever been outside an average hospital…? People in scrubs smoking like chimneys at the first chance they get…

Cough! Cough! Splutter! Splutter!

All yesterday’s news. All much less relevant today when I can hardly rub two braincells together and produce a spark…

FSSSKKK!!!

I’d go back to sleep, but the constant drub-drub-drubbing of the rain against the slates would keep me awake.

Shall we talk about the weather now…?


No comments:

Post a Comment