Tuesday 19 July 2011

TURNING LEAF


I don’t claim to be much of a photographer, all those filters and tripods and effects always strike me as being just too much fuss for the likes of me to be bothered with, but I do like taking photographs, or “snapshots” if we were to be being more brutally honest. I guess I use a kind of “scattergun” approach and sometimes, if something turns out looking like a half decent picture amongst the thousands that are so-so, I’m happy enough.

I like to think I’ve got a slight “eye” for spotting things, though, which is why this little patch of yellow leaves standing out from all the surrounding greenery caught my attention and I felt the need to record it for posterity when others might pass it by or think it a bit of a pointless subject for a photograph.

I don’t know whether it signifies the moment of the onset of autumn, or the beginnings of some kind of disease in the tree, both of which would cause startlingly different responses to the picture I suppose, but I thought that I would share it with you this morning.


1 comment:

  1. Nice photograph - a single branch that thinks it is autumn, how endearing.

    ReplyDelete