Tuesday 12 May 2020

NOT EVERYONE

NOT EVERYONE

Not everyone you like is always right
Not everything you read is always true
Sometimes something is not thought out
Sometimes something is not thought about
But that does not diminish you

Not everyone I like is always right
Not everything I read is always true
Sometimes it’s a falsehood quite persuasive
Some days I’m quite willing to be persuaded
But that should not empower you

Not everything you know is a proven fact
Not everything you read is knowledge backed
Some days an opinion isn’t so strong
Sometimes an opinion can be wrong
But that should not diminish you

Not everything I know is a proven fact
Not everything I read is knowledge backed
Some days my opinion isn’t so strong
Sometimes my opinion can be wrong
But that should not enable you

Not everyone need do what you say or do
Not everything I think will agree with you
Sometimes we simply must agree to differ
Some things might cause a row to trigger
But this does not diminish you

Not everyone need do what I say or do
Not everything I think will appeal to you
Sometimes we’ll agree to disagree
Sometimes you’re right, some days it’s me
But this cannot diminish you

You don’t have to defend every wrong word
Even after you find out its utterly absurd
Sometimes you might turn out to be wrong
Sometimes I’m right but we can still get along
And this will not diminish you

I shouldn’t have to defend every wrong word
Even if I do find out its utterly absurd
Sometimes I might turn out to be just wrong
About some things I thought I knew all along
And this does not diminish you

It’s really all right to have been found out
Or to find you’ve believed in something faked
If you find out something else later on
It’s fine to admit you once were wrong
And that does not diminish you

It’s really all right to have been found out
Or to find I’ve believed in something false
If I find out something else later on
It’s fine to admit I once was wrong
And that does not diminish you

True wisdom comes from learning something new
True knowledge is to know you once were wrong
Sometimes the bigger picture fills you in
Sometimes standing back you just can’t win
But that will not diminish you

True wisdom is discovering something unknown
True knowledge is finding out I could be wrong
Sometimes new information fills me in
Something new puts my argument in the bin
And that should not vindicate you

Standing by as someone does something wrong
Standing alongside them just to feel you belong
Not realizing whilst you once knew everything
Knowing how wrong that is only time can bring
And that does not diminish you

Standing by the actions of an obvious despot
Standing up for the monstrous no matter what
Not listening and learning as they speak
Not caring about the havoc they wreak
Now that does indeed diminish you

MAWH, 120520

No comments:

Post a Comment