Tuesday 10 October 2017

ROBOTS IN THE UKRAINE

ROBOTS IN THE UKRAINE

One hundred and ninety-seven
People viewed my blog yesterday
Although one hundred and eighty-four
Of those were not people at all
But robots in the Ukraine

Leaving thirteen real people -
Probably - reading my deathless
Prose and poetry much neglected
In recent times by myself but
Not robots in the Ukraine

But – you ask – how can I be sure
That it’s not people dropping in
To lick at the produce of my mind
Alas such numbers tell their tale
It’s robots in the Ukraine

On normal days – so many now –
My blog it lies inert unloved
Those zero days can only confirm
When numbers number in hundreds
They’re robots in the Ukraine

Statistics they can tell no lies
Graphs and maps show eastern promise
Probing cybernetic claws reach out
Touching displays of interest
From robots in the Ukraine


MAWH, October 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment