Monday 3 September 2012

TAKE A PANTS

Sometimes the strangest thoughts will just pop into my mind. A few weeks ago, because of holidays, meeting and a few other issues, I had to spend a day in the office all alone, and for some strange reason this tune kept running around my head and I kept composing strange, “alternative” lyrics to it.

The tune was “Take a chance on me” and the bizarre new lyrics that kept running around my head were as shown below.

And, before you ask, NO I did NOT take the opportunity to try out what the lyrics were suggesting.

I did wonder, briefly, whether I could write a complete “alternative” take on the whole song, but decided that that was a stupid idea, so, for what it’s worth, here’s that partial rewrite, as far as I got.

If you feel that you’d like to add a line or two, please do, and if you suddenly feel the urge to make a video, well, let’s just say that I await your “YouTube” performances of it with interest…

In case you were wondering...
Different office, different day...
If you’re all alone, in an office by the phone
Where no-one could see
Could you work pants-free?
If you need to just cool off, with no-one around
If there’s no-one else to see, you could take ’em down,
If you’re all alone, and the blinds are down.
Could your really dare?
To work legs bare?
Take your trousers off, and sit right there
Doing all your work, in your underwear?

Could you work pants-free?
(It’s not that anyone would see)
Try and work pants-free!

People take vacations, leave you on your own, with nobody to talk to,
But with no-one watching, you can take your strides off, throw them ’cross the room.
You see no-one can see
If you’re sitting there pants-free, ???
It’s airy!
It’s something you can do, when there’s no-one there with you.
But I think you know,
You can’t let pants go.

If you change your mind, and you close those blinds
So no-one could see
That you are pants-free.

etc., etc., etc.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should run it by your colleagues. Take dress-down-Friday to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha - I do this all the time much to the annoyance of my wife.

    Here's my Perfect Day

    Just a perfect day
    Drink special brew in the park
    And then later
    when it gets dark, piss my pants

    Just a perfect day
    Poked animals in the zoo
    Then later
    a gang bang, too, and then home

    Oh, it's such a perfect day
    I'm glad I sniffed all that glue
    Oh, such a perfect day
    You just keep me twanging on
    You just keep me twanging on

    Just a perfect day
    I really don’t give a shit
    Not even a little bit
    it's such fun

    Just a perfect day
    you made me play with myself
    I thought it was
    someone else, it was good

    Oh, it's such a perfect day
    I wish I had some more glue
    Oh, such a perfect day
    You just keep me banging on
    You just keep me banging on

    You're going to barf I told you so
    You're going to barf I told you so
    You're going to barf I told you so
    You're going to barf I told you so

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pants-free working could be a natural progression from Tesco shopping in nightwear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the horrors of alfresco pyjama treks... I did mean to write about that once, but it kind of got away from me...

      Meanwhile, apologies to one and all if that's got stuck in your head today. Mind you, I've now caught myself humming "Perfect Day" as I stroll along the corridor, so we're even, I guess...

      Still, I've not (yet) descended to crooning the special secret "snooker words" to "Lady in Red", though...

      Delete