Wednesday 1 May 2019

X - A SHORT POLITICAL POEM

X - A SHORT POLITICAL POEM

In those elections tomorrow
Where can my pencilled 'X' go?
I know that I really ought to vote
Can't mark what I've usually wrote

Choosing otherwise feels such a sin
If one of the other buggers gets in
To spout their own vile brand of hate
In this our now shattered state

So where will I place my mark
When all the options seem so dark
Whilst not wishing to sit on the fence
Still wanting to make a difference

MAWH, 010519


I've had it drummed in to me all my life that I ought to vote, I should vote, and I must vote! And our bit is so knife-edgy, I don't want the other lot to get in on my account.

But then my lot really don't speak for me either any more.

This is a tough one, and they'll use it as a mandate.

No comments:

Post a Comment