Wednesday 22 October 2014

THIS ONE'S A DOOZY, TOO...!

After pinning two of my favourite "Peanuts" cartoons to some recent postings, I thought that I ought to add the third one that I scanned on the same day, not only to feed my compulsion towards achieving "completeness", but also because it is, quite frankly, a bit of a doozy, and speaks to me about aspects of my life that I'll have to leave you to just imagine, but which involve writing and managing to say the most inappropriate things at the worst possible moment.

I'm almost certain that the ten-year-old me would have gone "???" at this one and skipped along to the "Joe Cool" pages, but the beauty of Charles M Schulz's genius is that aspects of his work can be returned to and viewed completely differently when you are older.

It's sophisticated stuff, you know...!

2 comments:

  1. About that ski pole....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It's a metaphor"

      "What's a metaphor?"

      "Clobbering you with..." :-)

      Delete